Tuesday, September 30, 2014

For-Profit Universities

Video/Reading Response


            Something truly interesting to me about the video that we watched in class is that I have never heard of colleges doing such a cruel thing. It never crossed my mind that colleges obtain money from the government and put a humungous amount of college students into huge debt. It’s devastating to think about because many students take loans to educate themselves. Before the video and learning a little bit about for-profit colleges, I had never heard of such a thing. It was also a shock to me that schools that I hear about all the time, such as, ITT Tech and University of Phoenix having a larger rate of loan debt than other colleges. As for my perspective towards for-profit universities, I think it’s a terrible concept and should be investigated heavily. I see a lot of commercials about University of Phoenix and ITT Tech and now I realize it’s because of all the money they spend on advertising to gain loans from students. I am very exited to learn more about what organizations like this are trying to do and what could be done to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment